March 6: precinct caucus in each precinct (see below for locations)
- Elects precinct committee persons for next two years
- Elects delegates to the county assembly
March 16 : county assembly at 4-H Center in Ridgway, sign in 6:30 p.m.
- Designates county level candidates for office
- Elects delegates to higher level assemblies, e.g.
- State assembly
- Congressional district 3 assembly
- State senate assembly (not in 2016)
- State house district 59 assembly
- Judicial district 7 assembly
- Only delegates to the county assembly may be elected as delegates to the higher level assemblies.
April 14: State assembly
This assembly designates candidates for state wide office, in 2018 including governor, attorney general, etc.
Precinct Caucus Locations: Sign in at 6:30 p.m.
Precinct 1 and 2: Baptist church in Ouray
Contact Lynne Evans 970-901-1204 e-mail EvansLynne@aol.com and Bette Maurer e-mail: BetteMaurer@Yahoo.com
Precinct 3 and 5: 4-H Center in Ridgway
Contact John R. Mitchell 970 209-0315 and Larry Coulter 970 626-564
Precinct 4: Colona Grange
Jim Waltz 248 673-0862
For the official call to the county assembly click here: TBD